A really simple and quick side dish full of intense flavor.
The secret is to let the carrots steam in their own juices. By not adding any liquid to the pot the flavors of the carrots and rosemary are kept intact.
- A little extra virgin olive oil
- Carrots cut into chunks or thick slices
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Several garlic cloves peeled and bashed a bit but left largely intact
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan or pot with lid, heat the oil over medium heat and add he garlic cloves. Sauté for a minute before adding the carrots and rosemary. Stir a few time and season with salt and pepper, then cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Turn the heat down a bit and leave the carrots to steam in their own juices for 6-8 minutes or until done, stirring often to prevent them from burning.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Also great as leftovers mixed into a salad.