A very quick and simple dish that is every bit as creamy as the original. But this vegan Alfredo is much healthier.
Easy Vegan Alfredo
Rich and creamy plant-based comfort food.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 250 g soft tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy- or nut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh parsley, basil, thyme, or rosemary to serve
- Spaghetti or other pasta of your choice
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil over low heat until fragrant – do not let it brown. Strain the oil into a blender and discard the garlic.
- Add the tofu, milk, and nutritional yeast to the blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper and blend well.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain and mix it with the sauce. Drizzle with fresh herbs and serve.