Looking for a quick and healthy dessert?
It doesn’t get much faster than this (except maybe this Chia Seed Pudding). And not only is this mousse quick to put together it is also healthy and very light because it does not contain any dairy, eggs, or coconut.
Make sure your mangoes are completely ripe and sweet.
Substitute with peaches or berries if ripe mangoes are hard to come by.
For another take on a healthy plant-based mousse check out my Strawberry Mousse.
Healthy Mango Mousse
Ingredients for the mousse:
- 2 large ripe mangoes, about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 350 ml unsweetened almond milk or other plant milk of your choice
- 1½ tablespoons palm/coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon agar-agar powder
- A pinch of turmeric This is for color, not for flavor, so go gently.
- Fresh fruit to serve.
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts (About 60 grams)
- ¼ – ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Zest from half a lemon (About 1 tablespoon)
- ½ – 1 tablespoon palm/coconut sugar, maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- In a blender, blend the mango with the lime juice until completely pureed.
- In a small pot, gently heat the milk, sugar, vanilla, and agar-agar powder and let it simmer for half a minute.
- Remove it from the heat and add it to the mango in the blender and blend until mixed well.Pour into serving glasses and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour until set.
- Serve with the cashew nut cream and/or your favorite berries or even more mango.
To make the cashew cream:
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender and adjust sweetness to taste. We all have a different idea of what sweet is. Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator until serving. The cream will keep for a few days, refrigerated.