A very simple dish that admittedly doesn’t look like much. But looks can be deceiving. Roasted cauliflower has none of the sharpness you are used to from the raw plant. In stead you are greeted with a mellow smoothness.
Thanks to a lot of garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and fresh rosemary, this roasted cauliflower dish has a surprisingly deep and tangy flavor. It is a great way to sneak in more of those healthy cruciferous vegetables.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower With Lemon, Garlic & Fresh Rosemary
Simple, but full of tangy flavor.
- 1 head of cauliflower divided into florets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Finely chopped fresh rosemary to serve
- Heat the oven to 250º C (500º F).
- Mix the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and place in an oven proof dish.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with the nutritional yeast. Stir to mix and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve.