Indian food quite often takes an ocean of time to make but this little gem of a recipe is definitely an exception. 15 minutes from start to finish and you’ve got a full flavored dish to satisfy your Indian cravings.
Serve with brown Basmati rice or chapatis and some poppadoms and if you have an extra 30 minutes to spare make my Indian Dahl Tadka to go with it. A perfect match!
Quick Tofu and Spinach Curry
A healthy and full flavored Indian style curry thrown together in mere minutes.
- 250 g firm tofu cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons Indian curry powder
- 200 ml coconut milk I use light coconut milk
- A pinch of salt
- Some black pepper
- 150 g fresh spinach roughly chopped
- In a wok or large frying pan with a lid, heat the oil and sauté the tofu for a few minutes until browned a bit.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and quickly stir-fry for a minute to allow the flavors to develop, then add the coconut milk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (check if your curry powder contains salt before adding salt to your dish) and cover with a lid.
- Simmer over low heat for about five minutes.
- Stir in the fresh spinach, mix it all up well for about a minute or until the spinach is just beginning to wilt. Then serve immediately.
I generally serve this quick dish with Dahl, brown Basmatti rice or homemade chapatis, and poppadoms. Quick fix Indian and delish!